It wouldn’t be Winter without a checklist of all those protective essentials!
1. Gloves- ZARA. First up, a pair of great gloves. Gloves for me, like most people, are an absolute burden. You can’t check your phone, text or take calls whilst on the move, nor (as I do) keep them on inside the supermarket due to lack of grip. (I like to keep mine on while shopping otherwise my fingers freeze from touching all those cold food items!)
Other than this, a smart pair is a must. I love these faux leather and knit mix ones from ZARA- completely chic.
2. Mug- Le Creuset. In Winter, my mug is my life. I’m a huge tea and coffee drinker so a large, rustic-type mug is perfect for warming the soul and hands :) (Yes, I suffer from unusually cold hands!!) Needless to say I own a couple of these fab Le Creuset ones.
3. Snood- Duffy. I’m always wearing snoods even when it’s a little warmer. In my opinion they’re even better than scarves for that toasty “ensconced” feeling you get. This cashmere one by Duffy is in that gorgeous shade of frosty grey- definitely a must have.
4. Headband- Missoni. Occasionally I’ll pop on a cute knit headband to keep the head chill away. I’m not really a hat person but headbands have been part of my accessories collection for a good five years or so. This crochet Missoni one may not be as warm, but it’s a lovely way to brighten up a Winter outfit.
5. Hi-tops- Ash. I’m loving wedge hi-tops at the moment! Quite unlike me I guess, but they look cool with a pair of skinny leathers, add some much needed height, and you can actually run for the bus in them. A great alternative to Winter boots- what’s not to love?
6. Candle- Diptyque. Pomander is the smell of Christmas. Just smell it then you’ll understand. This will see me right through the festive season and make me a very happy bunny indeed.
7. Lip treatment- NARS. I was once told to avoid products like Vaseline because petroleum jelly actually takes moisture away from your lips. Since then, I’ve been hooked on this NARS lip conditioner. My shade of choice is “Bianca”- it’s a kind of frosty and colourless shade so on dry Winter days it’s a godsend before applying lipstick.